South Africa's biggest bursary website. They are a free information source for students seeking tertiary funding. Their aim is to provide a platform where students can gain access to ALL bursary opportunities throughout South Africa.
2017 NSFAS Application Procedure
- First year students must apply for the university admission.
- 2017 NSFAS applications will be done online, apply on NSFAS website (nsfas.org.za/apply). Supporting documents must be submitted directly to NSFAS or at the Financial Aid Office.
- The NSFAS online application website will be functional from the 1st August 2016 and the closing date is the 30th November 2016.
- Students must register first online and then apply for NSFAS funding. (Please make sure you complete the on-line application process). If you encounter any challenges, please approach the Financial Aid Officials for assistance.
- Please make sure that you submit all the required documents (verify with the NSFAS checklist as a guideline - nsfas.org.za/checklist).
- Please submit the correct information, if you provide any incorrect information on the application you will be disqualified and you will forfeit the study loan.
- If your application is approved, the Financial Aid Office will inform you via sms and/or the university e-mail).
- You will be invited to sign the on-line contract form, please make sure you sign the online contract forms. Follow the link to sign online (Add the link …)
- Failure to sign the online contract (LAF) after your registration, your allowances will not be processed and the tuition fees will not be paid. You will forfeit your NSFAS allocation.
- Students must adhere to the application closing dates.