How we assist students:
The Department will assist students in securing opportunities such as WIL placement, bursaries and graduate placement.
Students can submit CV's at the Department and complete the relevant forms (please download below). It's important to note that CV's must be updated every 06 months!
As soon as a company contact us, we will search the CV's in our database according to the selection criteria provided by the company. The CV's will then be sent to the company. The company can contact the student directly or the student will be contacted by the Department if the student was successful.
NB: Visit our noticeboards regularly for any updates!
Complete and attach this form when submitting your CV to us:
Placement of students on campus
In 2008 Management approved the Placement of Students on Campus for the purpose of completing Work Integrated Learning (WIL). The project was assigned to and is managed by the Co-operative Education Department. A specific budget is provided by Management in this regard.
This placement process is strictly to accommodate students that is still in need of WIL, in other words, they need WIL in order to receive the relevant diploma. So therefore, only students with a highest qualification of Grade 12 and who are still busy with their National Diploma will be accommodated. NO B-Techs, etc. can be accommodated under this project.
For more information and how the process works, please refer to the document below:
How we assist companies:
Selection & Placement of students
- Companies can contact the Department if they are looking for students for placement opportunities
- The Department will provide relevant CV's
- The Department can contact the students on behalf of the company
- The Department can facilitate the interview process
- Companies can contact the Department to coordinate company presentations to students
- The Department host an annual Career Fair (free of charge) during which companies are invited to set up exhibition stalls - please contact the Department for the next date
Graduate Recruitment Handbook
- The Department publishes an annual Graduate Recruitment Handbook - employers are invited to send us adverts or articles totally free of charge
Summary of services:
- Company presentations
- CV submission
- Company requests
- Student Employability workshops
- Career fair
- International student summit
- Employer Awards Function
- Work Integrated Learning
- Graduate programmes
- Co-op Passport
- Placement of students
- Career information
- WIL feedback day
- Co-op Indaba