To be a University that leads in innovative approaches to HIV&AIDS knowledge and quality responses.
To produce employable graduates who can also make an impact in society by:
- Training IHAU staff members to have a professional approach with VUT staff and students in dealing with HIV&AIDS.
- Mainstreaming HIV/AIDS through the University core business functions.
- Collaborating for with internal, external and international stakeholders.
- To reduce the number of new infection and death rate by at least 50%
- To employ initiation of at least 80% legible patients on anti-retroviral treatment(ART)
- To reduce the number of self-reported stigma and discrimination related to HIV and TB by 50%.
- To ensure accessibility to legal framework that protects and promotes human rights