To ensure that VUT increasingly becomes an accessible Higher Education for people with disabilities.
To remove barriers that prevent students and start living with disabilities from fulfilling their full potential.
• Compile a database for all staff and students with disabilities.
• Offer advice on teaching and learning methods to teaching and academic staff seeking support in this area.
• Produce academic/university related material for people with disabilities in accessible formats.
• Involvement to improve the physical accessibility on campus for all persons with disabilities
• Sign language interpreting for people with people with hearing impairment including note taking and other assistive
• Assistance with registration, bursary and loan applications and interviews as well as individual administrative support.
• Registration with Disability Services Unit as soon as possible after registration with VUT and provide the relevant documentation e.g. a letter from a doctor or hospital confirming disability.
• Recruitment of volunteers
• Exam concessions.
• Liaison with staff
• Adapted study material.
Vaal University of Technology, Vanderbijlpark
W Building (W027)
Private Bag X021 Vanderbijlpark 1911
016 950 9000/016 950 9754
George Mvalo, Director +27 16 950 9223
Minky Kaene, Manager +27 16 950 9538
David Nkwenkwezi, Disability Services coordinator +27 16 950 9584