Student E-mail myVUTmail
Registered students are provided with a university access card and email address. The university student email system (i.e. http://mail.google.com/a/edu.vut.ac.za) is used as the primary communication tool. Students are encouraged to change their password at least once a month, by sending an SMS to 32188 (e.g. PASSWORD STUDENTNO). A student's email credentials are also used for online Learning Management System (LMS) on the Moodle, Pharos Printing and Computer Reservation systems.
Computer Booking & Printing You can avoid being in a queue by making a PC reservation in advance.To reserve a computer, go to http://22.214.171.124/signup.Your logon details are the same as the one you use for login on your email account. You will need to take note of the time and computer number that will be reserved for you. Make sure you select the correct venue (e.g. P Block or BTECH Room).
VUT SMS service (32188)
The VUT SMS service will respond to your “ITS cell phone number” within five minutes for the following enquiries:
- For Examination results SMS (i.e. RESULTS 20123456) to 32188 for student 20123456
- Email or Moodle or Pharos password changes, SMS (i.e. PASSWORD 20123456) to 32188 for student 20123456
- Inquire about VUT banking details, SMS (i.e. BANK) to 32188.
- For announcements or reporting incidents, SMS (i.e. INFO followed by your message) to 32188.
The (ITS) allows students to access the following services:
- Online application
- Biographic information
- Academic records
- Examination timetable
- Examination results and financial statements.