Vaal University of Technology is an English medium university. All classes, books, assigments, etc are in English.
Vaal University of Technology is not a long distance learning institution. Enrolled students need to attend full-time classes.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATE INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
Closing dates for applications (Academic and Residences) - this is the last date allowed for submissions of international applications
First semester and Year applicants for 2012: 30 October 2012
Second semester applicants for 2013: 15 May 2013
No late international applications or applications with pending documentation will be allowed.
Vaal University of Technology
International Relations Department
Private Bag X021
Tel no: +27 16 950 9318 / 9364
Fax no: +27 16 950 9768
What documentation is required with my application form:
1. School leaving certificate
2. Certificate of conduct if previously enrolled at another tertiary institution
3. Statement of results if previously enrolled at another tertiary institution
4. Any other formal qualifications you have obtained
5. Copy of Passport
6. Study permit (should you have a study permit from another South African university)
7. South African Qualifications Association evaluation - it is the responsibility of the prospective student to forward his/her documentation to SAQA. Any enquiries, queries, communication etc will be between the SAQA evaluation applicant and SAQA. Please read the guidelines on the SAQA website carefully before submitting your request for evaluation to SAQA. Please note VUT will not accept the receipt for payment to SAQA only the SAQA evaluation certificate will be accepted.
8. TOEFL or IELTS certificate TOEFL test score = 550 or IELTS test score = 6.5 - no other English Proficiency certificate will be accepted)
9. Documentation translated to English plus copies of documentation in original language