Technology Transfer and Innovation (TTI)
The TTI (Technology Transfer and Innovation) consists of seven units:
- TTI (Technology Transfer and Innovation) directed by Prof DJ de Beer
- TS (Technology Station, funded by the Technological Innovation Agency also known as TIA) directed by Mr JJ la Grange
- EDU (Enterprise Development Unit) directed by Mr MJ Johnson
- EMC (Engineering Manufacturing Centre) directed by Mr AA van der Westhuizen
- ICBT (Institute of Chemical and Bio-Technology) directed by Prof SJ Modise
- IIC (Iscor Innovation Centre) directed by Mr JH Jooste
- I2P Lab (Idea to Product Laboratory) directed by Mr PJM van Tonder
Together the units function to bring innovation and technology to the public, industry and students.
The TTI, TS, EDU, and ICBT are located at VUT’s satellite campus in Sebokeng. VUT’s satellite campus is now known as the Southern Gauteng Science and Technology Park, and is a member of the IASP (International Association of Science Parks).
The IIC, EMC and I2P Lab is located at VUT’s Main Campus in Vanderbijlpark.