The Vaal University of Technology (VUT) has well-informed readers and it is great that you want to share your knowledge and opinions with others. Our Comments Policy is aimed at ensuring that discussions and opinions are constructive and that valuable comments get the attention they deserve.
To improve the signal-to-noise ration of article comments, The Vaal University of Technology will handle all comments as follows:
- All comments will automatically be directed to a moderation queue where valuable comments will be approved and published.
- Users who regularly make insightful comments will become “trusted” users and their comments will automatically display after they are posted. They will bypass the moderation queue.
Below are guidelines to ensure that your comments do not get deleted:
- Share valuable and interesting information using proper language and in full sentences.
- Avoid one- or two-word comments. They seldom add value to the discussion.
- No attacks on VUT, its staff or other readers. This will result in a ban.
- Avoid racism, sexism and general bigotry.
- Give constructive criticism in a civilised manner. Rude comments will not be published.
We value your opinion, even if it is in direct conflict of what we believe. Express yourself in a civilised manner, preferably with facts which will make it easier for us to approve and publish.