How to Apply
Apply via one of the following:
- Complete the Application Form – obtain a copy at our office or download the form.
- Send us a video (2 to 5 minutes) via Facebook or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) describing your business idea or why you think you should qualify for our programme.
- Email us an essay (100 – 200 words) in English or Afrikaans, describing your business idea or why you think you should qualify for our programme.
VUT (and other Universities of Technology) or TVET College diplomandi.
SMME’s which are either not registered or not currently active, or both. An SMME which has been operational for less than 6 months and is not profitable all qualifies a New Start-up.
SMME’s which have been operational for 6 months or more. A New Start-up whose owner already operates an Active Start-up, also qualifies as Active.
In order to qualify for our 6 month programme, you need to meet at least 2 of the following criteria:
- Aged between 18 and 35.
- Matric (Grade 12) or relevant* numeracy and communication skills.
- Have a viable business idea.
- Currently running an existing SMME.
- Have available funds (at least R5000) to start a business.
College or University graduates with business aptitude qualify automatically.
Unemployed persons who qualify based on the above, can attend the programme for FREE.
*Skills relevant to entrepreneurship. We reserve the right to test the skills of applicants who do not have a minimum of Grade 12. Bridging training can be arranged for those who do not meet this criterion.