Event celebrates and honours secretaries and administrators’ hard work
By: Puleng Maphisa – 15 September 2023
VUT Administrators Forum
On 08 September 2023, the Vaal University of Technology (VUT) Administrators Forum hosted the Secretary’s Day Celebration, alongside its annual general meeting (AGM) at the VUT Izak Steyl Stadium VIP Lounge.
Hosted yearly by the institution, the event seeks to pay tribute to the exceptional secretaries and personal assistants, as well as celebrate their remarkable contributions to the growth of the institution. These individuals represent the backbone of the university, ensuring the seamless flow of daily operations.
The memorable event also saw attendees electing the esteemed members of the Executive Committee of the Forum who will lead it in 2024 – these include:
- Chairperson: Kimberly Kempkes – Executive Administrator to the DVC: Teaching-Learning and Quality Promotions.
- Vice-Chairperson: Juliet Hector – Senior Administrator: Student Recruitment
- Secretary: Refilwe Nkabane – Executive Administrator to the ED: Advancement Department
- Treasurer: Jacorina Digaardt – Administrator: F’SASEC
- Events Coordinator: Venessa Bradbury – Senior Administrator: Internationalisation Office
- PR & Marketing: Naledi Thapedi – Public Relations Assistant: Advancement Department
- Training: Retha Visagie – Administrator: Chemical Engineering
The re-elected Chairperson, Ms Kempkes stated that the administrators of VUT are the very backbone of the institution. “Although Academics is our core function, the administrators are the driving force and support that ensures the day-to-day administrative functions are executed professionally and efficiently,” said Kempkes. She added that they serve as brand ambassadors for VUT and each and everyone of them should be commended for their hard work and efforts that assist in the smooth operation of our institute.
VUT appreciates these extraordinary secretaries and recognizes their unwavering dedication and commitment to their roles. May they continue to soar in their endeavors and experience the most fulfilling moments throughout their careers.