VUT is the only contact university that is situated in the Southern Tip of Gauteng Johannesburg SA.
Interesting Facts about VUT
- VUT is the only contact university that is situated in the Southern Tip of Gauteng.
- VUT was established in 1966. It is now fully fledged University of Technology.
- VUT celebrated 50 years of technological education in 2016.
- VUT has produced leaders in private and public sectors.
- VUT has four faculties that offer courses in Applied and Computer Sciences, Human Sciences, Engineering and Technology and Management Sciences.
- VUT offers industry-tailored academic programmes.
- VUT has four satellite campuses spread across three provinces (Gauteng, Mpumalanga & Northern Cape).
- Satellite campuses specialise in fields that are relevant to the specific areas.
- VUT draws its students from 29 countries in the world.
- VUT is the only university in SA that offers Non-Destructive Testing.
- VUT is the only university that fully owns a Science and Technology Park