Help and Support
Help and Support
The Service Desk application is an incident management system available to all active VUT employees to report or log incidents and request services. The application can be accessed on https://servicedesk.vut.ac.za
The IT Services uses Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) to manage PCs, Macs, and Unix/Linux servers along with cloud-based mobile devices running Windows, iOS, and Android, all from a single management console. This application allows the IT personnel to assist client remotely.
– P block first and second floor labs are used for ICT/E-Skills classes.
– Third floor (P301) is an assessment lab and used for Engineering classes on Fridays and is
controlled by bookings using Calendar.
– Third floor (P303) is an open lab for students.
– Gym Hall lab is an open lab for students.
– T Block computer labs are used for ICT software studies classes (i.e. programming, Cisco, etc.).
– M Block lab is used as a research Hub.
– PS building (TV1, TV2, SSL and DL) are used for[DT1] online assessment and staff trainings.
NB: Only the P-Block third floor is maintained by the IT Services department. The first and second floors of P Block as well as T Block labs belong to the Faculty of Applied and Computer Sciences where IT Services only manages the IT infrastructure in these venues.
Get access to the staff directory (Rampage). The application can be accessed on https://directory.vut.ac.za
Once connected to the VSA RAMpage Web View website, you will be requested to login with the following credentials:
Login Name: Staff number
Password: Leave field blank and click on LOGIN on the right-hand side
(You are required to enter a new password)