Help and Support
Help and Support
IT Service desk
IT service desk provides a single point of contact for all staff computer and network related incidents, queries, or services using the Service Desk system, calls and emails. Walk-ins are not permitted. This is to maintain social distance during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The IT Services Helpdesk is responsible for:
- Logging and prioritizing all requests made via telephone, email, and on self-service.
- Assigning the requests to the appropriate technician/IT personnel.
- Escalating service requests when necessary.
The IT Services uses Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) to manage PCs, Macs, and Unix/Linux servers along with cloud-based mobile devices running Windows, iOS, and Android, all from a single management console. This application allows the IT personnel to assist client remotely.
Staff Self-Service – How to apply for services offered by IT Services using Adobe Sign Workflows
As part of our ongoing commitment to enhance operational efficiency and accuracy within our university, the IT Department is excited to introduce an automated workflow system for IT Services Forms using Adobe Workflow.
This initiative is designed to streamline repetitive and critical business tasks across various departments, and encourage a green and paperless environment, thereby minimizing errors and maximizing overall efficiency.
Key Advantages of Automated Workflows:
- Comprehensive Process Automation: From initiation to completion, our automated workflows ensure seamless execution of tasks, significantly reducing manual errors and increasing efficiency.
- Efficient Document Routing: Each request or document is intelligently routed to ensure smooth progression from one task to the next, expediting process cycles.
- Simplified Signature and Document Management: Eliminate the time-consuming process of chasing down signatures. This process manages signed documents efficiently, ensuring secure storage and easy accessibility.
- Real-Time Insights and Reporting: Stay updated with real-time visibility into document statuses. This process allows for the generation of detailed reports, offering a comprehensive overview of all ongoing processes.
Click here for a steps-by-step guide.
Click here to login into Adobe and access below IT Services application forms.
Get access to the staff directory (Rampage). The application can be accessed on https://directory.vut.ac.za
Once connected to the VSA RAMpage Web View website, you will be requested to login with the following credentials:
Login Name: Staff number
Password: Leave field blank and click on LOGIN on the right-hand side
(You are required to enter a new password)
Help Desk Contact Details:
- Email: email@example.com
- NB: 24hr turnaround time for emails.
- Office Line: 016 950 9111
- Operating Hours: 07:45am – 4:30pm Weekdays
- Closed Weekends
- Closed on Holidays