Loan periods and quotas
All students and staff have access to the information resources at the Library. They can borrow books from the Open/General Lending collection for external use.
Quotas and loan periods applicable to various client groups are as follows:
|Staff||All VUT Staff||20 Books for 60 days||2|
|Undergraduates||Diploma Students||6 Books for 14 days||2|
|B-Tech Students||8 Books for 14 days||2|
|Postgraduates||Masters Students||12 Books for 30 days||2|
|Doctoral Students||15 Books for 60 days||2|
|Non-VUT clients||Individual external members||6 Books for 14 days||2|
|Corporate/business members||10 Books for 14 days||2|
All issued materials may be renewed either by telephone, personally at the library, or online via MY RECORDS on the Library Catalogue. Telephone: 016 950 9659/9280/9660, E-mail: email@example.com
Loans for other materials
- Reserve section materials are issued in the library for two hours.
- Audio-visual materials are used in the library for three hours.
- Periodicals and reference collection items are used in the library.
Fines are charged on all items returned after the due date, at a rate of R1.00 per item per day until the item is returned.
- Once the student has accumulated a fine of R1.00 no new books will be issued to the client until s/he pays the outstanding fine in full.
- Books from the Reserve section are charged at R2.00 per hour until the item is returned.
- Users with material seven days overdue will not get any new material/books or renewals until the item/s in question is returned or renewed.
- Renew the loan period of all materials issued to you on time to avoid paying fines.