Solar Energy Research
Solar power is an excellent source of alternative energy source because it is renewable, efficient and it does not pollute the environment.
The solar energy research in our group focuses on improving the power conversion efficiency of solar cells made using perovskite and organic materials. The latest results demonstrated a power conversion efficiency of 23.6%, approaching that of conventional silicon solar cells. This technological and scientific breakthrough paves the way for flexible, lightweight, low cost and ultra-thin photovoltaic cells for wide-ranging applications.
Research activities in our group include:
- Synthesis and characterization of electron transport layers (ETL).
- Fabrications of bulk heterojunction (BHJ) organic solar cell devices.
- Crystal structure, particle size and morphologies are investigated using XRD, RAMAN, FTIR, TEM and SEM instruments.
- Optical properties are studied using PL and UV-Vis.
- Electrical Properties are investigated using current density-voltage system.