Welcome to Resource Mobilisation
The Department of Resource Mobilisation was established at the Vaal University of Technology in October 2018 to support education, research activities and projects at the University and to be a catalyst for the University’s future and legacies.
To develop an impactful strategy for raising third stream income for the University.
To enhance philanthropic growth of the University while satisfying donor needs
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES OF THE FUNDRAISING OFFICE
- Create an enabling environment for the University to develop a long term sustainable relationship with supporters and partners.
- Promote corporate and individual social responsibility, in the context of strategic advancement partnerships, aimed at making a sustainable impact on national development priorities.
- Promote transformation within the professional fundraising sector.
- Provide an advisory and networking service to facilitate communication between corporate donors, individual donors, foundations, government agencies in South Africa and globally.
DRIVERS OF THE DEPARTMENTAL STRATEGIC PLAN
This Strategic Plan (SP) which is anchored in the University’s Vision of Sustainability and is driven through the following:
- Involvement of Senior Leadership and engagement with academic community.
- Based on a distinctive VUT identity, mission and history.
- Active engagement with donors.
- Strategy is crafted for sustainability and consistency.