IT Services consists of 35 people supporting approximately 6500 computers used by over 20 000 students and 1200 staff members. The department is under the leadership of Mr David Ramasodi, the Executive Director, and is segmented into four areas:
- Operations and networking, managed by Mr Attie Naude
- Information management, managed by Mr Monale Tabane
- Systems support, managed Mr Tshepo Chuene
- Technical services, managed by Mr Braam van der Walt.
To unleash hidden human potential through the use of technology.
To create a virtually connected and collaborative society using technology for effective teaching, learning, research and business process automation.
- To create virtually connected communities in support of university's core business
- To respond to requests in a respectable and timely manner
- To work as a team for common goals
- To create an information awareness culture
- To manage the university's technology resources economically and embrace innovative projects.