The Institute of Chemical and Biotechnology (ICBT) is a unit within the Faculty of Applied and Computer Sciences of the Vaal University of Technology (VUT). Although initially having received its mandate from the Faculty of Applied and Computer Sciences, it has since expanded to be inclusive of all other Faculties and Communities at VUT and beyond.
The ICBT puts its resources, facilities and infrastructure towards research, analytical services, incubation and nurturing of Chemical and Biochemical-related business units, from within VUT as well as outside the University.
To be a unit that will be a haven for research, innovation and commercialization.
Our mission is to produce accredited research outputs, provide analytical services for water and soil to both external and internal clients by:
- Creating and enabling environment for all researchers supervising postgraduate students to make use of the facilities currently available at the ICBT.
- Allowing staff conducting research to make use of facilities at the ICBT
- Engaging expertise of Postdoctoral Fellows to conduct research within the ICBT.
- Vigorously marketing its analytical services to external clients.
Chemical analysis of:
- Tap Water
- Bottled Water
- Borehole Water
- River Water
- Industrial and Sewage effluents