Student Accommodation – Res Guest House
Email address: email@example.com
Contact details: 7814
CREATING A HOME AWAY FROM HOME
SERVICES BY LIVING AND LEARNING OFFICE
- Living and Learning department is the unit in the residences responsible for Res life.
- It is the department that creates a living environment that supports students learning, fosters personal growth and development and encourages the development of personal integrity and civic responsibility
- Annual First year orientation and tour in and out of VUT
- House committee elections and training
- Mentoring programs
- Residence boot camp academy and Gym
- Social market and earth hour
- Academic Awards
ACTING MANAGER PLACEMENT MS SEIPATI MZIZI
OFFICE: : GUESTHOUSE
CONTACT NUMBER : 016 950 7819
EMAIL ADDRESS : firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVICES BY PLACEMENT DIVISION:
- Responsible for the execution of the application, and admission of students into the residences.
- Implementing plans and operations from the Department.
- Advisory services to students and solving queries.
- Monitoring and ensuring that residences are occupied.
- Processing of student application forms in the residences.
- Ensuring that records are accurately kept.
SERVICES BY WELFARE AND VICTIM EMPOWERMENT DIVISION:
- Ensure that through collaborative programmes, students receive maximum support and students enjoy residence life
- Supervise all student activities at the residences and access control
- Ensure that residence students receive maximum psycho-social support during the day and after hours.
- Render welfare assistance to the students and refer students for professional intervention to the relevant official on campus, e.g. Social Worker, Chaplain etc.
- Be available for students after hours and during weekends.
- Maintain a relationship of trust with the students in the residents, intervene/mediate to resolve relationship challenges at the residence
- Monitor a healthy eating lifestyle in collaboration with Hospitality Department.
- Monitor water and electricity (consumptions) through HK and House Parents reports.
- Conduct programmes such as Substance Abuse, Gender Based Violence, HIV and AIDS.
- Efficient management of Victim Empowerment Centre and all programmes associated with the Centre
- Ensure that the residence rules are enforced and that and there is a conducive atmosphere for to learning is maintained